Friday 17 June 2011

Clients' Lift | Oprah Winfrey and Lady GaGa



(Above) Oprah's "Center of attention" Lift

(Above) Lady GaGa's Bird Cage


The two Clients I have choosen to design for are Oprah Winfrey and Lady Gaga. I find that the two are very similar in the way they impact places where they walk.


For Oprah I designed this lift to portray the "Grand entrance" atmosphere. I felt that Oprah's influence was more built by the way she established herself whilst coming from a difficult childhood. Oprah in my opnion has the ability to influence anyone who sets eyes on her by the way lives. Her life is quite literally never out the spot light. "Center of attention" is what I would call this lift designed for Oprah.


This lift designed for Lady Gaga was also my attempt to portray Lady Gaga's influence in our society. Lady Gaga, although having influence over many she is not herself whilst spreading the influence (this is completely my own opnion). She is almost unrecognisable without all the makeup, costumes and accessories she usually has on. She is defined by her makeup, her costumes and maybe somewhat her music. Although it may seem to you that Lady Gaga is completely bold and free in the way that she almost pioneered this BOLD look, I felt the bird cage design was appropriate in portraying the type of influence Lady Gaga had on today's society; limited and unreal.








(At the same time I feel that Lady Gaga would prefer a funky Bird cage over a typical lif ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment